CLICK THE FILE ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD OUR FREE RESOURCE LIST!
WHAT IS SELF-CARE?
Self-care is anything that helps build capacity. Yes, the pampering stuff is great. However, sometimes self-care is about returning that phone call that we’ve been avoiding. Or doing our taxes so we no longer need to think about getting to them. Self-care can be done in community, like volunteering, having a sense of belonging and purpose, hanging out with family and friends. Engaging in traditional spiritual or cultural practices. Self-care can also be done alone. As long as it supports your wellbeing then it counts.
If you’re not sure where to start we hope the Self-Care idea bank above might give you that starting place. Or act as a reminder of what some of your options could be.
If you have ideas of additional resources that can be added to this list please send us an email through our contact page.
- For more tools around self-care, and why it matters, join our next Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, and Vicarious Trauma workshop. Learn more by clicking here.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A FREE, PRINTABLE COPY OF ALL OF OUR RESOURCES, FOR SUPPORT AND SUICIDE PREVENTION
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- ASIST suicide intervention workshop
- ASIST Tune Up
- Compassion Fatigue
- esuicideTALK & suicideTALK
- Guest post
- Indigenous Peoples
- Mental health and diet
- Mental health and parenting
- Mental health and safety in the workplace
- Mental health and sports teams
- Mental health consultation services
- Mental Health events and workshops
- Mental Health First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid Virtual
- Mental health in schools
- Mental health resources
- PTSD Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- safeTALK suicide alertness workshop
- Selfcare practices and resiliency
- Sobriety, addictions, mental health
- Suicide prevention in the workplace
- Suicide prevention resources